Thursday, March 19, 2009

Info on 5000 Year Leap

At the next meeting we will be discussing the Cleon Skousen book, "The 5000 Year Leap." Apparently it is difficult to find locally.

Cara Linde sent us the following email on 2/16:

I have had a hard time locating the book "5000 year leap" in town and as of yesterday Amazon had a 2-3 week to ship and Barnes and Noble was 1-2week to ship. I called Far West Book Store today and they are ordering the book for me tomorrow and it will be there in about 2-3days. They will offer us 15% off as a book club discount if people want to go in there to buy it. Like I said, it will be there in about 2-3 days. If anyone is interested they will write down our group name and people can just ask at the counter or let them know they are with our group to get the discount.The cost through our group would be $12.70 with no shipping. That's for a hardbound copy.

Far West Books is located by Luke's Carpet and behind the Boy Scouts of America office building on Gage. (Across the boulevard from Costco.) Far West Books phone number, 735-1402. I'll tell them to list our group as the Glenn Beck book group and/or the 9.12 book group. I thought it would be great to 1) get it sooner than I could get online, 2) get a hardback, 3) support a local small business.

7 comments:

Christopher said...

http://taxdayteaparty.com/teaparty/washington/

We want to get in on this??? Columbia Park perhaps???

Anonymous said...

I think we should all go to the same protest on the 15th. I organized one, but I found out there were others, so we are all combining them. If you want to organize one on the following Saturday, I would be happy to go to that one too. I submitted a time change for the tea party in Richland that is listed at the link you posted. It will be from 4 pm to 7 pm.

Ross Burton

Anonymous said...

I'm making some banners for the Tea party protest but I will only be able to attend from 4-5. Is there some people that can use/hold my banners and then keep them for me until the next day? They will be high quality vinyl banners on poles and I don't want to just trash them. I can reuse them for other rallies, protests, etc.

Thank you,
Cara
caralinde@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

I have an iphone and for the iphone users out there download the amazon kindle app. It's free. You then can purchase the 5000 year leap for the kindle and it automatically syncs to your iphone. No waiting. The book is also cheaper. I bought mine for $7.99

Anonymous said...

Columbia Park would be a good place!

I've been hoping we can get some folks out there.

Christopher said...

TAX DAY TEA PARTY

MAKE SURE YOU ATTEND... and bring a friend!

When: April 15, 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm

Where: John Dam Plaza - Located between George Washington Way and Jadwin Avenue, north of Knight Street

lissiemarie said...

just thought I would let you know that you can order 5000 yr leap from http://www.nccs.net/store.html. If you order 10 or more books you get them for a whole lot less. They also have the "real g washington" etc for a great price.